Real estate investor forums

Mortgage Brokers/Lenders Forum

The people who get you the money for the deals, investor relations, and loan products.

grabritch3l
Rank 1
View all Posts

Topic: How will I know this is not a scam?
Started: 4/19/12 Current Grade: C
Iíve been so stressed and desperate to the way out of this problem. You may have remembered me as the girl from LA who is in a foreclosure process. So Iíve been so frustrated because I have no idea who to trust. I have contacted my friend and he told me to get a real estate agent or an investment company that may be willing to purchase my mortgage and wave any deficiency, allowing me to walk away with a substantial mortgage reduction and little to no tax liability. For me, that sounds good, but how will I know that the company I will find is not a scam? Iím afraid to risk because this might be another chance for my loss.
Search Search this Topic Subscription Subscribe to this Topic Drop to First Unread Drop to First Unread
Bookmark Topic Bookmark Topic Show Printable Version Show Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page

IPersevere
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 1
Posted: 05-11-2012   Current Grade: C
I'd have to say the only way to know for sure is by doing some serious research. Ask around, google them, and do anything necessary to make yourself comfortable with the company or person you work with.
Knowing what you want at the end of the day will narrow your search as well. If you want to stay in the property then there is no need to deal with someone that's going to do their best to get you out of it.

Let me know if I can be of anymore assistance,

Jesse
Reply With Quote Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search

Back To Forums Home

Forum Leaders

JohnCorey
JohnCorey
12563 Points
Financexaminer