Real estate investor forums

Seasoned Pros Forum

Advanced issues only, no beginner topics!

1 2 Next>>

investor411
Rank 4
View all Posts

Topic: What Happened to this site?
Started: 2/02/12 Current Grade: B
Where have the investors gone.
Search Search this Topic Subscription Subscribe to this Topic Drop to First Unread Drop to First Unread
Bookmark Topic Bookmark Topic Show Printable Version Show Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page

IPersevere
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 1
Posted: 02-10-2012   Current Grade: B
Tell me about it.
I think the lack of oversight and abundance of scammers posting on here have driven most away.
This place definitely needs an overhaul.
Reply With Quote Reply
Financexaminer
Rank 5Ambassador
View all Posts

# 2
Posted: 04-10-2012   Current Grade: B+
I was away for awhile, sorry, but I'k back, just me? I check in daily and try to clean things up. I'd like to see us crack down a little harder, like one warning and you're out of here. I'll check on that....

You guys need to help me out here.....
Reply With Quote Reply
IPersevere
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 3
Posted: 05-22-2012   Current Grade: B
Absolutely Bill.
Let me know how I can help & I'll do my part.

Btw, I'm thinking that a bigger presence by the founder's on here will help drive more quality traffic out here. You know, sort of like Josh at that other site .

Where have they gone?
Reply With Quote Reply
Financexaminer
Rank 5Ambassador
View all Posts

# 4
Posted: 06-02-2012   Current Grade: A-
I'm going through the forums clearing anything that even looks like a sales pitch or redirecting members to other sites.

Investinghipe has been submitted to be banned, so is Mrdia with his hotel vacation stuff.

I just took one off by a contributing member who posted free software, but it was the lite version and probably had the full blown version for sale, had to take that down too.

I'm not tolerating anything that looks, smells, tastes like advertising, promotions, redirects or other issues that do not fall within the forum topic and the conversation at hand.

If it ends up with only 8 memberson here at leaste they will be complying with the rules.....IMO!
Reply With Quote Reply
IPersevere
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 5
Posted: 06-02-2012   Current Grade: B
I couldn't agree more.
Quality over quantity.
Reply With Quote Reply
Financexaminer
Rank 5Ambassador
View all Posts

# 6
Posted: 06-02-2012   Current Grade: B
You guys can help by contacting Matt Miller when you see this stuff and ask for them to be removed!

I know Matt can't sit here all day and neither can I clearing the boards, so when you see somthing you don't like, let it be known!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Reply
bhawk45
Rank 1
View all Posts

# 7
Posted: 06-03-2012   Current Grade: B
Ok, so now we have identified the problem. What about the solution? Simply getting rid of the spammers isn't going to do it. Trying to make a quick buck off of whatever advertisers wander by,and then hope it will sustain itself isn't going to work either. Maybe a live chat feature or a social networking link that will tie people closer together might be better. The dynamic of this site is too static and people on here seem distant. I don't want to hear your life story. How can we help each other? I'm not here to sell you anything, but if I'm not making money, neither are you.
Reply With Quote Reply
Financexaminer
Rank 5Ambassador
View all Posts

# 8
Posted: 06-07-2012   Current Grade: B
Bhawk, you can adcertise, simply contact Matt and he will set you up. You can contact members through the pm feature, but spamming them will get you banned, so introduce yourself and see if there is a common goal instead of a hard hitting pitch.

I get tons of emails and more opportunities to do business than I could ever do by myself. I get them because I have contributed in the forums. I provide my advice and opinions without any sales pitch ever!

If people expect to come in and not really contribute but just want to hit us up off the bat, they need to keep moving on. This forum is to make connections through participation and assist others. It is to serve the investment community not a gold mine to dig deals from on the first day.

There is alot of good information here and plenty of topics to address, you may have to dig some and search for your interests.

Admittedly the site is slow, but that's due to the spammers and non-contributors and we are strating to get rid of them and get back to the purpose.

Hope you'll contribute and join in, there is plenty of business here if you are tactful and polite. Good luck
Reply With Quote Reply
bhawk45
Rank 1
View all Posts

# 9
Posted: 06-09-2012   Current Grade: B
I totally understand what you are saying. Whereas I feel like this site does have some positive attributes, it needs to include current technological trends to help make an impact. Tons of emoticons, but no way to connect in real time with other investors. A virtual conference room would be an ideal way to network and lay groundwork for mutual profitability. I have done some investing with a great company, and want to share this with everyone, but am afraid I will be seen as a spammer. Moving forward, I hope to do some real networking with some great investors on this site, knowing what the end result must be. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply

1 2 Next>>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search

Back To Forums Home

Forum Leaders

JohnCorey
JohnCorey
12563 Points
Financexaminer
Financexaminer