Real estate investor forums

Wholesales Forum

"How to's" of wholesaling, including bird dogging, assigning contracts, and success at auctions.

1 2 Next>>

steelgiant
Rank 1
View all Posts

Topic: How do I find the owner?
Started: 2/15/10 Current Grade: A-
Hello fellow investors. I have two questions:
1) I live in Georgia where you can access property records online. When I tried to get information on the propery, I needed to have the owner's name(which is what I want), or the block and lot of the property. How do I get the owner's name for this abandonned property.
2) How can you find the owner of a property when there is no address found on the property?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Search Search this Topic Subscription Subscribe to this Topic Drop to First Unread Drop to First Unread
Bookmark Topic Bookmark Topic Show Printable Version Show Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page

cperkcpa
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 1
Default Parcel map can help
Posted: 02-16-2010   Current Grade: A-
Do you have an address for a nearby lot? You should be able to determine the parcel number by identifying the nearby lot and then find out the property owner. In Washington this is possible on line. You may be able to do this online as well if not you can go into a title company or the assessors office to check the maps.
Reply With Quote Reply
Financexaminer
Rank 5Ambassador
View all Posts

# 2
Posted: 02-27-2010   Current Grade: B+
Hi, you should get a parcel number and use the assessors office to identify the owner, they usually can't tell you any personal information, but the question to ask is "where is the tax bill sent"? Good Luck, Bill
Reply With Quote Reply
Financexaminer
Rank 5Ambassador
View all Posts

# 3
Posted: 03-01-2010   Current Grade: B
Hi, did you find them yet? Let us know how you did it.....any other suggestions? Bill
Reply With Quote Reply
BCRELLC
Rank 2
View all Posts

# 4
Posted: 03-13-2010   Current Grade: B
Hello, here in NY i use the government site called www.ACRIS.COM. Here you can search by address. You put the address in and follow the steps and it will give you the block and lot numbers, then you keep going and it will show you the mortgage deed with the owners name and the amount they paid for it. I take that and send a letter to the address. Some times they come back undeliverable so at that point i go to the city dept of tax & finance and look up the tax records to see who paid them last.
hope that helps.

Richie.
Reply With Quote Reply
cperkcpa
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 5
Posted: 03-14-2010   Current Grade: A
In several counties in Washington state you can search by address or parcel number online. With that you ahve access to some sales history, detailed property and lot information, current owners of the parcel and alot of other infotmation.

You can then go done to the assessors office and see a copy of the deed or any other public filing related to the property including encumberances.
Reply With Quote Reply
BCRELLC
Rank 2
View all Posts

# 6
Default Need help on vacant homes
Posted: 03-21-2010   Current Grade: A
Can anyone give me some advice on finding the owners of vacant properties I found. Here is what I have done so far. I knocked on neighbors doors and no one knows anything. I sent letters to the address and owners name ,they came back not deliverable, home vacant. I went down to the dept of tax and finance to see if they could tell me who paid the taxes last on these properties. The guy I spoke to said he has the same adresses as I have but I found out that 2 of the 3 properties are current on their taxes and the 3rd, he said I could not buy because it is going to an institution. That home is behind on taxes and has a tax lien on it. So my question is how else could I find the owners??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Richie.

BCRELLC@AOL.COM
Reply With Quote Reply
JohnCorey
Rank 5Ambassador
View all Posts

# 7
Can you buy the tax lien?

It would not connect you to the owner. It would keep you a bit more in the loop. You would also know if the lien gets paid. If it does not and the state allows you to foreclose on the lien later then you have a path to the property.

John Corey
www.ChelseaPrivateEquity.com/blog
Follow me on Twitter-> www.Twitter.com/John_Corey
Reply With Quote Reply
BCRELLC
Rank 2
View all Posts

# 8
Hi John, According to the guy at the window, He said people like him and me (an investor)cannot buy it. So I asked him why and his answer was that its going to an institution, he didn't elaborate on it. I thought like you,that I could buy the lean. I found out on that particular property that the owner died and its been vacant for 2 yrs.
The other two homes, I called the offices of the lawyers who handled the last transaction on the deeds according to the city records on line. One number was disconnected and the other I spoke to a nasty Lawyer that wouldn't give me a straight answer. That one I would imagine the original lawyer has passed because the transaction was done in 1968 and he asked me how im connected to the original Lawyer.

Thanks for answering
Richie.
Reply With Quote Reply
BCRELLC
Rank 2
View all Posts

# 9
Posted: 03-22-2010   Current Grade: B
Does anyone know what POOL CANDT STATUS is ?
Reply With Quote Reply

1 2 Next>>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search

Back To Forums Home

Forum Leaders

JohnCorey
JohnCorey
12563 Points
Financexaminer
Financexaminer