Real estate investor forums

Marketing and Advertising Forum

The ins and outs of finding buyers, sellers, tenants and properties in any market.

1 2 Next>>

jruffino4
Rank 2
View all Posts

Topic: What to write on Bandit Signs???
Started: 10/19/09 Current Grade: B+
Has anyone experimented with what they write on bandit signs and what generates the most response? I just bought a bunch of blank signs thinking that professionally printed signs might scare some sellers away and also they were pretty pricy. I am thinking of trying several phrases to see what works best.

-We Buy Houses--Cash- Any Condition
-I Buy Houses--Cash- Any Condition
-Cash for Houses

also we will put some Investor Specials, and Must Sells out there to build the buyers list.

Phone and website will be included on these as well...

any other suggestions, what works best? I need to get this business going or i may lose it at my current 9 to 5. haha.

Joe Ruffino
SJ HomeBuyers, LLC
www.sjhomebuyersllc.com
info@sjhombuyersllc.com
Search Search this Topic Subscription Subscribe to this Topic Drop to First Unread Drop to First Unread
Bookmark Topic Bookmark Topic Show Printable Version Show Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page

IPersevere
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 1
Posted: 10-20-2009   Current Grade: B+
You're on the right track. The key is to keep it simple. The more on it, the less likely someone will want to waste their time on it. What a lazy society we are, lol.
Also, make sure your colors mesh well. Yellow and black or yellow and red are known to draw more attention than the other combinations.
And make sure you have your pitch down to ensure a high turnaround rate on all these leads.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Reply
brianhaskins
Rank 3
View all Posts

# 2
Posted: 10-21-2009   Current Grade: B
My biggest suggestion is not to put to much. If you say your putting a phone number and website on there that eats up a lot of space. You have to make the writing big so they can read it. I suggest 3 lines only. As far as the whole we buy houses slogan its burnt out I would get more creative. As for the signs your using for your buyers list, the crappier you make them the better it makes them look like its from a homeowner. As far as what works best it varies in all area the we buy houses/I buy houses slogans all pull about the same results.

brianhaskins
---
Get my newest free report “Flipping Away The Fear” It covers the top 5 biggest fears real estate investors face and how to overcome them – Get it at http://www.WholesaleToRiches.com
Reply With Quote Reply
OneDayFunding
Rank 1
View all Posts

# 3
Default Getting good responses from bandit signs
Posted: 11-03-2009   Current Grade: B
Another thing to keep in mind is that some communities have fines for violating their signage rules, and many times bandit signs are against the rules. One way to avoid trouble is to use a bandit website that does not list your phone number or mailing address. It usually is a duplicate of your regular website, just without any specific identifying info. You might want to have any phone number listed on your website go to an answering service that screens your calls. You can also put a cell phone number, because many times that is not traceable or the community won't put too much effort (or expense) into trying to find out who that number belongs to.
---
Shari Peterson - OneDayFunding.com
Transactional Funding for Flipping Houses - Fund up to 35 Days
cell: 314-750-5880
Real Estate Investing Tips on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OneDayFunding
Reply With Quote Reply
AreaHomeownerSolutions
Rank 1
View all Posts

# 4
Default Woman's name
Posted: 11-04-2009   Current Grade: B
I've read several places, and a well-known investor did a test on this, that a woman's name works better than a man's or a non-descript sign.

So here's mine:

[IMG][/IMG]
---
Solving real estate problems, one building at a time!
Reply With Quote Reply
tracycaywood
Rank 2
View all Posts

# 5
Default Testing Bandit Sign Messages
Posted: 12-01-2009   Current Grade: A-
My husband Dan and I put out 25 bandit signs (each) every Friday. Lately, we've started testing some different factors. he uses a Professional Printed 12 x 18 sign that says "Danny Buys Houses" Quick & Easy , with his phone #. I am putting out yellow handwritten signs that say "Tracy Buys Houses", with my phone #. My signs are pulling more responses than his.

We aren't sure what the factor is that is getting the better result. We're thinking that it's probably the fact that my signs are hand written. So he ordered himself some white handwritten signs to test against my yellow handwritten sign. We'll see how this plays out......

If my yellow handwritten sign does better than his white handwritten sign, then it could be either the COLOR of the sign, or the fact that mine have a woman's name. That will be the last test factor.
---
Tracy Caywood
Makers of Bad Ass Investors
http://propertymob.com

Reply With Quote Reply
IPersevere
Rank 4
View all Posts

# 6
Posted: 12-01-2009   Current Grade: B-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfortunehunter View Post
My husband Dan and I put out 25 bandit signs (each) every Friday. Lately, we've started testing some different factors. he uses a Professional Printed 12 x 18 sign that says "Danny Buys Houses" Quick & Easy , with his phone #. I am putting out yellow handwritten signs that say "Tracy Buys Houses", with my phone #. My signs are pulling more responses than his.

We aren't sure what the factor is that is getting the better result. We're thinking that it's probably the fact that my signs are hand written. So he ordered himself some white handwritten signs to test against my yellow handwritten sign. We'll see how this plays out......

If my yellow handwritten sign does better than his white handwritten sign, then it could be either the COLOR of the sign, or the fact that mine have a woman's name. That will be the last test factor.

I'd like to see how your little experiment turns out. Please post results here once you are done.
Appreciate it.

Jesse
Reply With Quote Reply
Komarek
Rank 1
View all Posts

# 7
Default That was some really great suggestions, I have a few too.
Posted: 12-05-2009   Current Grade: B+
Hey everyone,

That was some great information you all shared. It is crazy how these signs work for Real Estate.

I own a printing company that specializes in signs and have had a lot of clients who do a lot of "Ninja Posting." The type of stealth like techniques that get you in and out of an area in a whim of smoke! Through this I've spoken with countless individuals much like yourself who may have questions on the pieces of advertising dynamite.

Below is a list of Best Practices I've come up with, Feel free to pass this on to friends and contacts in the industry. You can find more great tips on Yard Signs at http://www.GoProDesigns.com , I also offer Yard Signs for $3 a sign with a full wire stake included.

Enjoy the list and happy posting!

Making of Signs

Science says Black on Yellow or Black on White makes the best signI disagree, I have had the most success using Blue letters on White.

If they cant read your number, you might as well not make or put out a sign.

Less words the better.

Make it simple.

If you can get an easy to remember number, it will help out a lot.

Do not advertise a website on a sign.

Putting Out the Signs

Signs put in ground get more response quicker while on poles they will stay longer.

Get them up high when you place on poles.

Use the surrounding area of where the sign goes as defense for its life. Use poles and telephone boxes to hide it from being seen from different angles.

The more you put out the more response you will get.

Dont over do signs in a small area, the last thing you want to do is become a nuisance to the community.

If the city or zoning officials do give you trouble on your signs, tell them you were not aware and make a note not to return to that stop.

Bring someone with you, dont do it alone unless you have to.

If you hire someone to put them out, check to make sure they all go out.

Get all your signs out, dont sell yourself short and get them all out and do your best job.

Putting signs out at night will save you a lot of time and hassle.

A lot of people like them placed out on Friday nights, I have not witnessed any difference on results based on the day I put them out.

Misc. Tips on Signs

Make notes of your competitors and where they place signs.

I think taking down competitors signs is dirty, but it is your life, you make the choice.

Signs with Zip Ties last long as they are very difficult to tear down.
Reply With Quote Reply
ratracegrad
Rank 3
View all Posts

# 8
Default best bandit sign combinations
Posted: 12-07-2009   Current Grade: C-
purple on yellow is the most remembered color pattern for humans. I went to a very expensive private high school where my senior year in high school cost more than my freshman year in college and our school colors were purple and gold. Specifically chosen to show superiority over any other high school.

I agree with the previous poster that handwritten signs draw more attention because it comes across as being more personal.

Then handwritten signs with a spelling mistake get an even higher attention rate.

I would recommend yellow background, handwritten looking font, misspell a word, include a phone number. The less information is better because people reading it are going 45-50MPH.

I would recommend getting a custom 800 number with a number that is easy to remember or a local exchange number that is easy to remember. In my home, the area code is 404. One guy who places a lots of signs got the number 404-123-4567. Any idiot can remember that number. Or number like 800-bab-buys would be easy to remember. A number like 404-515-3826 will be forgotten by the time they get to the next stop light.

Putting out signs on a regular basis leads to remember by osmosis. Somebody might see your sign on way to gas station, pump gas and then forget to call. The next week on way to gas station they see sign again and this time they write note to call. So putting signs out one weekend and not repeating the next weekend is not successful.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer

InvestInRealEstate101
How to Retain Your Existing Tenants
Free Gifts for Investors
Follow me on Twitter - Jennifer on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook - Jennifer on Facebook
Reply With Quote Reply
AreaHomeownerSolutions
Rank 1
View all Posts

# 9
Posted: 01-10-2010   Current Grade: B
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratracegrad View Post

I would recommend getting a custom 800 number with a number that is easy to remember or a local exchange number that is easy to remember. In my home, the area code is 404. One guy who places a lots of signs got the number 404-123-4567. Any idiot can remember that number. Or number like 800-bab-buys would be easy to remember. A number like 404-515-3826 will be forgotten by the time they get to the next stop light.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer
That's funny you used 800-bab-buys because my name is Babs and my signs say Babs Buys Houses!

Babs
---
Solving real estate problems, one building at a time!
Reply With Quote Reply

1 2 Next>>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search

Back To Forums Home

Forum Leaders

JohnCorey
JohnCorey
12563 Points
Financexaminer
Financexaminer